- We’ve launched a new membership model with a $39.99 monthly fee (or $299 for the year!!), join now!
- With your FOLX membership, you get access to the FOLX Community Platform, support groups, resources, referrals, easy appointment scheduling, messaging with your clinician and care team whenever you need it, and more.
- When you want to access care, you’ll pay a visit fee or copay for visits with your clinician, lab work, and your medications.
- We’ve radically expanded our services–from virtual primary care to sexual and reproductive health care, mental health support, and more.
- When you want to access care, you’ll pay a copay or “cash pay” cost for visits with your clinician, lab work, and your medications.
- We also now accept insurance! You can use insurance to pay for meds and visits with FOLX clinicians if we’re in-network with your health plan.
We are thrilled to announce the new and improved FOLX membership, along with a whole suite of expanded service offerings, all by and for our LGBTQIA+ community! We’ve been busy building a FOLX that is even better and more suited to all your care needs, and we’re delighted to share the news with you. What’s changed? So much! Read on to learn all about our new FOLX membership as well as all our expanded care offerings.
What is a FOLX membership?
As a FOLX member, you get access to our LGBTQIA+ expert clinicians and so much more.
- Book and see an LGBTQIA+ expert clinician within a few days for gender-affirming care, virtual primary care and preventive care, sexual and reproductive care, and mental health (in select states).
- Reach out to our team of nurses, medical assistants, and Member Navigators, who can help you with resources and referrals or any questions you may have.
- Message your care team anytime.
- Explore the FOLX Community Platform, where you can find educational resources and join discussions with fellow community members.
- Join a peer-led support group to allow you to connect on a more personal level.
- Get letters for surgery or name and gender marker changes.
Expanded health care services
With our expanded health care services, we include primary care services with our expert, affirming clinicians, in addition to GAHT. Here’s what you can expect.
Get gender-affirming care plus more, including GAHT, letters, and referrals for gender-affirming surgeries, and a host of other services, including wellness and preventive care. Health care can finally fit and feel good with FOLX.
Whether you’re transfeminine, transmasculine, or nonbinary, we go above and beyond your typical telehealth provider. Sign up for a FOLX membership, and book an appointment with an LGBTQIA-expert clinician.
Sexual and reproductive health care
Safer sex is the best kind of sex, and clinicians at FOLX get it! Whether you’re in a polycule, throuple, ENM partnership, married, or in a committed relationship - we are here to help with all your LGBTQIA-sexual health needs.
Services include PrEP, birth control, contraception questions or concerns, PCOS, STI testing and treatment, and more!
Mental health care
We get you. Embrace queer joy and flourish with help from a dedicated team who are experts in queer mental health care, including therapy and medication management, so you can keep your mind as healthy as your body.
Meet with an LGTBQIA+ specialized provider who will create a plan to fit your needs and goals. Plus, message with your care team anytime. FOLX has the queer support that fits your life.
Currently, mental health care is offered in select states, with more to come. The good news? We can manage some anxiety and depression medications through our primary care services!
Primary and preventive health care that fits
What do we mean by expert, affirming primary health care? We’ve got you covered with a range of services for wellness and preventive care, from chronic conditions to general checkups. Get fast, convenient, stress-free treatment when you’re feeling under the weather. FOLX will help get you back on your feet.
Whether you need health care for chronic conditions (hair and skin, diabetes, hypertension, migraines, asthma, and GI issues, to name a few) or general checkups (including well-exams and your annual physical), you can now get your primary care provider through FOLX. Yes, FOLX clinicians can now be your gender-affirming, LGBTQIA health expert PCPs!
At FOLX, explore your identity, don’t explain it. No more “What does your husband do for a living?” questions that make physicals an awkward coming out scenario. We never assume your identity or relationship status. We always partner with you, so you can get everything you need in the easiest, judgement-free fashion–on your own terms.
Get fast, convenient, and stress-free primary and preventative care, with appointments in just a few days.
Costs and insurance
As a FOLX member, you’ll now pay for services at the time you receive them. This means you'll pay for visits, labs, and meds you need when you need them. All FOLX members will pay our monthly or annual FOLX membership fee (unless your employer offers FOLX as a benefit, lucky you!) For a full list of FOLX "cash pay" prices, click here.
Here’s the breakdown:
All about insurance
We now accept select insurance for medical and mental health appointments:
- Blue Shield of California (BSC)
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX)
- Optum: Mental and Behavioral Health services in Colorado and Florida
- Evernorth (part of Cigna): Mental and Behavioral Health services in Florida
If you don't see your insurance plan listed here, stay tuned, we’re continuing to add new plans this year and into next! If you have insurance, but it's not listed above, you can still use your insurance for prescription costs, but you'll pay our cash pay rate for labs and visits.
Whether you use insurance or pay out of pocket, you can message your clinical team and Member Navigators whenever you want through your secure Patient Portal. Visits can be scheduled within just a few days!
You’ll still have access to the FOLX Community Platform (formerly “Innerspace”) and peer-led support groups and letter-writing services for name changes, surgeries, and mental health letters of support.
Since our start, FOLX has existed to be the leading health and wellness platform for LGBTQIA+ care, providing end-to-end services, both virtually and in person, across the spectrum of community needs. Our aim is to fundamentally change health care for LGBTQIA+ people forever.
Join today and become a FOLX member for $39.99/month (or $299/year) to get exceptional care that goes beyond labels. You deserve accessible care that fits your life.
FOLX Health is the first digital healthcare company designed by and for the LGBTQIA+ community. Our services include virtual primary care, gender-affirming hormone therapy including estrogen and testosterone (HRT), mental health care, sexual and reproductive health care, and preventive care. FOLX memberships give you access to LGBTQIA+ expert clinicians, peer support, thousands of LGBTQIA+ resources, and more. Whether you’re lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, gender non-conforming, or nonbinary, you can find LGBTQIA+-specialized health care that helps you meet your wellness goals. FOLX Health is health care that's queer all year. Get all the benefits of becoming a FOLX member and sign up today!